Several areas in four central provinces are still flooded two days after Wukong struck the country.
More than 28,000 people have been displaced by floods and almost half remain in government shelters.
A state of disaster has been declared in nine towns in Iloilo and Aklan provinces.
On Thursday, Wukong had weakened into a low-pressure area as it passed the western island of Palawan, moving out into the South China Sea.
Defence officials said the public was quick to take precautionary measures following Typhoon Bopha which killed hundreds earlier this month.
"They were all aware that a typhoon was coming. They were all aware of what happened with (Bopha). The deaths are minimal compared to (Bopha)," civil defence chief Benito Ramos said.
Floods and landslides unleashed by Typhoon Bopha, which hit on December 4 and was the strongest storm to batter the disaster-prone country this year, killed more than 1,000 people and hundreds more remain missing, according to officials.
Relief efforts are continuing in areas in the southern Philippines ravaged by Bopha, with entire towns wiped out by flash floods.
The United Nations has ranked the Philippines the second Asian nation worst-hit by disasters this year, after China.
The Philippines is hit by about 20 major storms or typhoons each year that occur mainly during the rainy season between June and October.
Meanwhile, severe flooding in Malaysia's north-east has killed two people and forced almost 14,000 to flee their homes.