Firefighters remove man's head from microwave after YouTube prank goes wrong

Firefighters remove man's head from microwave after YouTube prank goes wrong

Firefighters remove man's head from microwave after YouTube prank goes wrong

Updated 8 December 2017, 11:00 AEDT

Firefighters in the United Kingdom are called out to help a YouTube prankster who cemented his head inside a microwave.

Firefighters in the United Kingdom have been called out to help a YouTube prankster who cemented his head inside a microwave.

It took the crew from the West Midlands Fire Service an hour to separate the 22-year-old man from the appliance.

"As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured," Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said in a statement.

Using the microwave as a mould, friends of the man poured sevens bags of Polyfilla mix around his head, with only a plastic bag protecting his head inside the microwave.

The group spent more than an hour trying to free the man before calling for help, and managed to feed an air tube into his mouth.

Responders had to pull the microwave apart to get him unstuck, and they were not pleased about the call-out.

"It took us nearly an hour to free him," Watch Commander Dakin said.

"All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need."